- Campus Ministry
- Student Life
- My SCA
Tuition Reduction Incentive Program
What is Great Lakes Scrip? Great Lakes Scrip offers retail gift cards that can earn up to a 15% rebate on each purchase. Any non-profit group can start taking advantage of scrip fundraising. Using Scrip couldn’t be easier. You purchase gift cards for places where you plan to shop, and use those cards instead of cash or credit. Great Lakes Scrip Center sells those gift cards to your nonprofit organization at a discount. You ask your family members (aunts, uncles, grandparents) to purchase the cards for full face value and they redeem the cards for full face value. St. Catherine’s earns a percentage of every dollar spent using the scrip gift cards. Instead of making a fundraising company rich, you can keep that money within your organization. As an added benefit, many scrip users find that they become smarter shoppers by using the gift cards and planning ahead for every purchase.
If you have experience with the Scrip program, you know that pre-paying and planning ahead for your purchases can be an exhausting task. Great Lakes Scrip has recently updated their program to be more user friendly. Instead of filling out an order form with a check and waiting a week for your order, you now have options. Here are some of the highlights of the “new” scrip program.
- No more paper orders. You can now go directly to www.shopwithscrip.com , register and view the thousands of gift cards available for purchase. Place your order online at your convenience. Your order must be placed by 9:00am on Thursday morning to be included in that weeks order. ( Note that Saint Catherine’s Enrollment Code is 213D8FL532949 )
- You can pay by check, which must be in the office by 9:00am Thursday morning for your order to be released. Most customers choose the convenience and speed of electronic fund transfer (Presto Pay), a service provided by the Automated Clearing House, a trusted nationwide network of banks, financial institutions, businesses and millions of customers. When you authorize an ACH payment, the exact amount of your order is taken from your bank account on the day your order is placed. Please keep this in mind since orders are going to be placed on Thursday and you will need to wait at least 5 days for delivery. Your money will be taken from your account within 24 hours of when YOU enter your order, not when the scrip manager releases your order for shipment.
- Great Lakes Scrip now offers Reloads. Once you order gift cards from Great Lakes Scrip you can check their website for a list of cards available for reload (they are continually adding to this list). For example, Speedway is reloadable on the Scrip website (never reload your cards at the store, you will not get credit). Once you order a physical card, you can go to www.shopwithscrip.com , register your Speedway card and reload it in increments of $10 up to $250. If you pay by check, your reload will be available 24 hours after your order is released by the school, which would be Fridays. If you pay by presto pay, your order will be available within 24 hours of you placing the order.
- Great Lakes Scrip also offers Scrip Now! Scrip now is an e-mailed certificate which is sent to you within 30 minutes if you pay using Presto Pay. If you pay by check, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 30 minutes of the school releasing your order on Thursdays. Go to www.shopwithscrip.com for a complete list of Scrip Now! Retailers. This list is also growing rapidly as more retailers make it available. This is great for that last minute decision to take the family out to eat on a Saturday evening.
- Note that when you place a reload or scrip now! Order and pay by Presto Pay, you must not have any physical cards included so that your order will be released immediately. You may include reloads and scrip now! With your order for physical cards and pay by check but your Scrip Now! And reload will not be released until the school coordinator releases all orders on Thursdays.
- Scrip Now! And Reloads are perfect for out of state relatives to participate in our school scrip program. They can set up a Presto Pay account and once they order a physical card for reloads, they register the card and place reload orders whenever they want and not have to worry about sending checks or receiving cards. Amazon certificates are available through Scrip Now! , so whenever someone wants to place an order through Amazon, they can go to www.shopwithscrip.com first to order their e-mail certificate and have it within 30minutes when they pay with presto pay.
It will take time to get comfortable shopping this way. Start small. Groceries and Gas are the easiest to start with. Then start buying cards for the Fast Food restaurants that you frequent. Before you know it, you will find that you can put off purchases until you order a scrip card. I find that I do a lot less impulse buying since I use scrip.
Need additional information:
Contact Geoffrey in the business office at (248) 946-4859 or firstname.lastname@example.org