The St. Catherine of Siena Academy curriculum is college-preparatory and aligned to rigorous standards above and beyond the Common Core. Our Theology Program aligns to the standards of the United States Council of Catholic Bishops. Within each curricular area, teachers work to incorporate the art of rhetoric, critical thinking, and real-world application. Students are taught using lecture, Socratic Method, project-based learning, and technology.
St. Catherine of Siena Academy will begin to follow a collegiate block schedule for the 2023-24 school year. Students will be enrolled in four 80-minute classes each day Semester I, followed by four 80-minute classes Semester II. This provides students the opportunity to complete eight (8) credit hours each academic year.
At SCA all students are required to complete academic credits and service hours to graduate.
- 4.0 credits (4 years) in Language Arts
- 4.0 credits (4 years) in Math (4.5 credits will be required beginning with the Class of 2027 to include Personal Finance (junior or senior year))
- 4.0 credits (4 years) in Theology
- 4.0 credits ( years) in Social Studies (starting with the Class of 2026)
- 3.0 credits (3 years) in Science
- 2.0 credits (2 years) in Latin
- 1.0 credit (1 year) in Philosophy
- 1.0 credit in health & personal fitness
- 2.0 credit in applied/visual/performing arts (starting with the Class of 2026)
- Elective credits will vary for each graduation class
With the increase in credits available due to the implementation of the Collegiate Block Schedule, graduation requirements/credits earned will be as follows for each graduating class.
- 28 credits for the Class of 2024
- 29 credits for the Class of 2025
- 30 credits for the Class of 2026
- 31 credits for the Class of 2027